To stimulate business growth and development in Exeter Township by establishing and implementing a business friendly culture that benefits the community.
BUSINESS COOPERATION AND COMMUNITY PROSPERITY POLICY
Exeter Township recognizes that the well-being of the community and the businesses that serve it are closely related. Exeter Township is committed to providing a positive business environment for existing and prospective businesses. Exeter Township strives to promote business growth and well-being by adhering to the following principles:
• Exeter Township is committed to establishing and implementing a business-friendly culture.
• Exeter Township is committed to stimulating business growth and development and to creating a positive "Can Do" attitude in its interactions with the business community.
• Exeter Township is committed to providing quality services to all businesses without discrimination.
• Exeter Township is committed to understanding the needs and expectations of the business community.
• Exeter Township is committed to communicating clearly with the business
• Exeter Township is committed to encouraging business development and growth by eliminating unnecessary business barriers and costs in ordinances, policies and procedures.
• Exeter Township is committed to establishing policies, practices and procedures that promote business development and growth.
• Exeter Township is committed to holding itself accountable in its interactions with the business community.
• Exeter Township is committed to working with business stakeholders and encouraging public sector/private sector cooperation in business development and growth.
BUSINESS VISION / OBJECTIVES
• To be business friendly, and mean it.
• To help maintain the vitality of existing businesses.
• To attract new business and help existing businesses expand.
• To grow the business tax base.
• To increase business employment opportunities.
• To identify and address business needs and challenges.
• To build relationships and partnerships with the business community.
• To provide clarity and certainty for business decision making.
• To encourage administrative flexibility: to keep what works and change what
BUSINESS CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY
A successful business-friendly culture in Exeter Township starts with business-friendly conduct from Exeter Township officials and employees. Exeter Township's business-friendly code of conduct includes:
• Having a positive "Can Do" attitude, striving for "Yes, if” instead of "No, because," decisions.
• Being polite, courteous and timely in all interactions with the business community whether verbal or in writing.
• Making every opportunity and interaction with businesses count.
• Being consistent in the administration of ordinances, policies and procedures, but providing flexibility where appropriate.
• Responding rapidly and with flexibility to businesses after major emergencies.
• Remembering that each of us is accountable, and that being business-friendly is a commitment, not a slogan.
• Remembering that a successful business-friendly culture comes from the
top down (starting with each one of us).